MBE Packing and Shipping FAQs
We certainly can be! But we’re not just your usual run-of-the-mill courier – express or otherwise. We hand-pick the right carrier for your needs. You simply tell us your delivery deadline, your budget and your destination.
We manage the best way to get your package there from start to finish.
Changes in the cost of petrol, diesel and other fuel types regularly affect the shipping industry. All carriers apply a fuel surcharge to their costs to take this into account. This is not something within our control, but it’s something we’re always upfront about.
You’ll see the fuel surcharge change on the first Monday of every month. It’s most recent figures were:
- Standard domestic shipments = 10.0%
- Domestic express and international shipments = 18.5%
The shortest answer is to get in touch with us if you think your items might be subject to any sort of shipping restrictions.
That said, it’s a good rule of thumb to expect that, in many jurisdictions, you might have problems when shipping:
- Alcoholic beverages
- Fresh and perishable foods
- Plants and weeds
- Personal effects
- Metals and precious stones
- Works of art and antiques
- Fragile items such as bottles and other objects made from glass
Rest assured that if it’s legally possible to ship it, it’s almost guaranteed that MBE will be able to arrange a safe transit for you. We have deals with several companies which specialise in transporting dangerous and unusual goods, for example.
The general rule is that if you’re worried it might be difficult to ship your goods, get in touch with us.
Broadly speaking, in addition to the shipping restrictions listed above, we also can’t and won’t ship goods which are prohibited by national, state, federal or local laws in the dispatch location or destination. Or those which might infringe on import or export laws.
We’re also very unlikely to ship goods which might be dangerous for staff to interact with or which might damage our vehicles, equipment or other goods placed in proximity to them. We hope you understand why!
Generally speaking, it is illegal to import and export any of the following items:
- Animal skin and fur
- Beverages with an extremely high alcohol content
- Currency and negotiable instruments such as checks, bills or bonds
- Live animals
- Some antiques, artwork, precious stones or other highly valuable items
- Ivory and ivory products
- Hazardous materials
- Tobacco and tobacco products
Usually, when shipping quantities of wine in the United States of America, you must declare it as being for “personal use.” This means you cannot be intending to sell it or use it for any other kind of commercial purposes.
MBE provides a special wine shipping service to make complying with all of the regulations involved in this easy for you.
That said, there are certain states where you won’t be able to make use of this service. These are currently:
Alabama, Arkansas, Kentucky, Illinois, Mississippi, New Hampshire, North Dakota, South Carolina, Tennessee, Utah, West Virginia and Wisconsin.
MBE can ship your goods to the following locations in Africa:
- Burkina Faso
- Cape Verde Islands
- Central African Republic
- Congo (Brazzaville)
- Equatorial Guinea
- Ivory Coast
- Republic of Congo
- Sierra Leone
- South Africa
MBE can ship your goods to the following locations in South America:
- French Guyana
MBE can ship your goods to the following locations in North and Central America:
- Antigua and Barbuda
- Anywhere in the former Dutch or Netherlands Antilles
- Bonaire (former Dutch or Netherlands Antilles)
- Cayman Islands
- Costa Rica
- Curacao (former Dutch or Netherlands Antilles)
- Dominican Republic
- El Salvador
- Puerto Rico
- Saba (former Dutch or Netherlands Antilles)
- St. Barthelemy
- St. Christopher (St. Kitts-Nevis)
- St. Croix (US Virgin Islands)
- St. Eustatius (Netherlands Antilles)
- St. John (US Virgin Islands)
- St. Kitts (St. Kitts-Nevis)
- St. Lucia
- St. Maarten (former Dutch or Netherlands Antilles)
- St. Martin (Guadeloupe)
- St. Thomas (US Virgin Islands)
- St. Vincent and the Grenadines
- United States
- US Virgin Islands
- Trinidad and Tobago
MBE can ship your goods to the following locations in Asia:
- East Timor
- West Bank (Gaza)
- Hong Kong
- Republic of Yemen
- Saudi Arabia
- South Korea
- Sri Lanka
- United Arab Emirates
MBE can ship your goods to the following locations in Oceania:
- American Samoa
- Cook Islands
- French Polynesia
- Kosrae (Federated States of Micronesia)
- Marshall Islands
- Micronesia (Federated States of Micronesia)
- New Caledonia
- New Guinea
- New Zealand
- Northern Mariana Islands
- Ponape (Federated States of Micronesia)
- Solomon Islands
- TongaTruk (Federated States of Micronesia)
- Wallis and Futuna
- Yap (Federated States of Micronesia)
Why Choose Us
That’s right, we’re locally owned and close by, meaning you get your job fast
Our in-house services including print and couriers mean we turnaround jobs fast.
Our reputation is paramount and we take great pride in our workmanship. Nothing leaves our centres without passing stringent quality checks.
MBE has been around since the 1980’s. You can trust our well known, international brand.
Get in touch now and talk to one of our specialists about the details of your shipment.email us